Moving on .

I've been blogging for a few years now. Sometimes sporadically sometimes daily, but almost regularly. I have finally separated from XSU and starting to live a new life on my own. The original blog helped me get through the painful process of the end of the marriage, along with some bumpy roads dealing with a critically ill child in the midst of the end of marriage mess. Now this blog will see me through the new paths and adventures that life has to offer. Restructuring my life. My way. My experiences, ventings, musings on that whole big and not so big deal.

February 04, 2010

Thursday Thirteen:


You know when....

1. The big garbage bag corporate logo is “TUFF” the bag ain’t. sigh....
2. He says he’ll be ready to pick the offspring up at 5 PM it really means 5:40 PM
3. The other offspring says she’ll have the car back in an hour it’s merely a window for between 2-5 hours.
4. The either offspring asks do you have any money, it really means I’ll take $20++.
5. The offspring does take the car and it was full of gas it will only be replaced by half – if that.
6. He says he’ll curb the spending on the younger one, it means he’ll buy her the $90 pair of shoes instead of the $160 ones that she thinks she deserves.
7. She says she isn’t hungry it means she’s just too lazy to come downstairs and sit at the table, but if you take a plate up or down – it’s hoovered.
8. You show up at work and you’re the first to arrive and it’s 9:15 AM it’s not a good sign.
9. Any light goes on in the car on the dash panel, brakes, oil, battery, it means a $1000 bill.
10. There is even so much as a hint of snow falling during morning rush hour it means an exponential delay of getting to work by at least 30 minutes for every .5 inch of snow.
11. There is any amount of chocolate milk in the fridge it will disappear within 30 seconds of leaving the grocery bag and being put into the fridge.
12. Someone- offspring-like asks “are you doing anything tonight?” they either want the car, a drive or both. And Further more are shocked, annoyed or both if you answer yes to the first and no to anything else.
13. Your offspring wants to have a house full of friends because she is madly cleaning the house – something that has only happened when there is a blue moon in the sky.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great List, Marie.

My kids are odd. They don't drink chocolate milk. Never have.

The girl took their car into my mechanic last week. Her bill was just under $300. I have never had a bill from him for under $1000 that I can recall. SO annoying. I trust your brakes are now fixed and safe though?

What is it with kids and either not being hungry {when you know they are} or saying "I don't know" when asked what they would like. I have stopped asking and now just tell the kid that his meal is ready. Yesterday he comes out, sees what I have made and said that I rock and that he loves it when I just make him food and that it is always like a little surprise party. I just shake my head.

My kids have what they call Dad time. That means that they add about 15-20 minutes onto whatever time he has indicated he will arrive. They learned that from me. I had him pegged years ago and figured they needed to be in on the gig.

Happy Thursday Thirteen!
love and hugs,
~ b