Moving on .
June 16, 2011
1. Farting in bed isn't a big deal any more
2. You wear the comfy pants - regularly
3. no make up
4. you make your own coffee at his house
5. you read the paper while he's talking and say "uh-huh" and still know what's going on
6. you don't bother with the bra
7. his cats decide that they would rather sleep with you on your side of the bed than his side - NOT good for the allergies... but whatev
8. you leave clothes behind and figure he'll launder them and they'll be ready for the next time you need them
9. you share one glass of scotch because neither of you wants a full shot
10. you read a book while he watches the hockey game because really..... there's just no point in pretending you *love* hockey when it's only the last 5 minutes of any game that counts.
11. you insist on watching the movie even though you know he's bored to death... Burlesque with Cher - NOT fantastic.
12. you're not punctual all the time, well, not a lot of the time, OK... NEVER!
13. you sleep together all you do is ......... sleep! Thanks be to the gods because I'm not 23 anymore and really need my 8 hours...
June 06, 2011
Being preoccupied is not a bad way to live. It’s been a few weeks since last I posted. How about a Top 10 list of the things I’ve been up to recently on the ole restructuring front.
1. A month after father law died, mother in law passed away. I managed to attend the funeral as I had been planning on being on the East Coast anyway. I checked with the SIL who wanted me to be there. I was glad to be there for the girls and my SIL. Interesting side note – would you believe that XSU wore blue jeans to both his parents’ funerals?!?! Seriously. My personal theory – XSU has really packed on the pounds – beer weight I’d say. Probably doesn’t fit into his dress pants any longer and is too lazy or can’t be bothered to shop.
2. Real reason for heading to the East Coast – grad school reunion. Had a great time. We received our 30 year pins from the University who also hosted us at a reception.
3. Week previous to East Coast trip was prairie trip to attend High School Anniversary and reunion. Spent the weekend with all the girls I grew up with. Another great time. We picked up and kept on going without missing a beat. It was wonderful. We’re all still alive, healthy and enjoying each other’s company. My dad- oy! Not going well. Physically he’s strong but he’s totally losing his marbles – cognitive impairment they say. Can’t have a conversation with him. He has nothing to say. He’ll be 80 this year.
4. Left RJ home alone. Same old. Same old. Left me a mess to clean up. I turned off her blackberry until she cleaned up the worst of it.
5. Union meetings for a week downtown last week. I stayed at a hotel. The Beau came with me, and we spent the week together. RJ was sent to her father’s house, and I totally lied and said I wouldn’t be home until Saturday. I spent two extra days with The Beau at his place down the street. Bonus day added when RJ decided not to come home on Saturday.
6. Met several members of The Beau’s extended family over breakfast on Sunday. That went well. His grandkids like me. I like them too, even though they spilled grape juice all over my pale yellow jeans last week. No worries, I got it all out. Between Shout, lemon juice and bleach – you’d never know.
7. The Beau hasn’t met any of my close friends or family as yet. He’ll be coming to Calgary with me for a union convention. The Uncles and cousins will be there. Must have fondue dinner with close girlfriends and The Beau. Soon. Eh Lily?
8. My car is falling apart around me. If I didn’t have the credit card debt that I do have, I’d be shopping yesterday. So far, the list includes, water pump, starter, muffler, brakes (again), wheel bearings, and some kind of whatzit behind the steering column. It’s always something.
9. The Beau has been seeing more action than my treadmill these past few months. NOT a good thing as too many pairs of my summer capris are too damn snug. I’ve told him he’ll be seeing less action so I can deal with the thighs, unless he can figure out a way for the action to be as productive as a treadmill. He’s thinking on it and apparently researching.10. I’ve started working a compressed work week. I have to work an extra 50 minutes daily in order to have every second Friday off. Don’t know why I didn’t do this years ago. It’s fantastic. Keeping track of all the exclusions of when and how I need to work the 50 minutes is a bit of a pain, but all in all I am happy to NOT be at work. Arriving at 8 AM is killing me, and by 4 ish I am going into brain mush, but it’s only week 4 after several weeks not in routine, so I keep expecting things to get better. And by my Friday off – they are MUCH better.
BONUS 11 – more about the relationship with The Beau another time. I just re read the first post I wrote about him after learning his wife died. WOW! How did this ever work out the way it did? While I said it, I really didn’t believe it.