Moving on .
October 27, 2011
1. No not ready to get married again.
2. I said, no, not yet.
3. Not today darlin
4. Ummmmm I have to wash my hair
5. This week? I couldn't possibly be ready
6. I don't have a dress
7. See # 3 - again
8. I couldn't get married without my best friend being there and she's busy this week
9. Not in a month that has an R in it. Or is that just for lobster?
10. See #1 - again.
11. well... maybe, but not yet
12. where would we live?
13. eventually, but ... see #3
October 25, 2011
Kate and Karl were drinking a wee dram of single malt, in bed, one Sunday evening and they came to the realization that they had been spending a fair bit of time dancing together at a variety of business and family functions.
“We dance well together, Kate” stated Karl after he took a sip of the lovely 21 year old malt they were enjoying.
“Yeah, we do, but Karl, your polka needs some work,” joked Kate. Her eastern European heritage always came out during festive events where the 1-2-3 polka beats made her feel young again. This last time though she had a hard time with the platform stilettos she stole from her daughter for the occasion but crashed along in style dancing with anyone who loved to polka with her!
“Well, I’m not too old to learn,” said Karl, “and it might take me a few months, but holding you close while I jump around is worth the effort. It’s kind of like our horizontal dances,” he winked at her.
Kate spewed her malt, lamenting the waste.
“Karl! You make me laugh. You’ll try anything won’t you?”
“Darlin, if it makes you happy, and you keep taking me with you, I’ll do almost anything for you!”
Kate melted, put down her glass of malt, looked Karl in the eye and told him,” the best way to learn to polka is to get that horizontal dance done right first.”
The glasses of malt lingered for the next couple of hours as Kate and Karl practiced their moves.
October 20, 2011
For the longest time on this blog, I had one of Gene's Simmon's quotes about marriage on my blog - something about marriage leading to divorce. It was cynical.
Since then the Demon has surprised us. He finally married Shannon Tweed after a lot of crack yer head open stuff.
Now if more people were as committed - in spite of all the craziness that Shannon put up with, I do believe there would be fewer break ups in this world. What Gene Simmons did took guts. What they both did took guts, hard work, gut wrenching hard work.
Go ahead and watch the Marriage Boot Camp episode to see what I'm talking about. Good on them both.
While the XSU wasn't an adulterer on the scale that we all believe Gene to be, he is a head case, with his own little fantasies and issues to do with his father. I've always said, going way back to my first few blogs, a son who doesn't have a healthy loving relationship with his father is quite bluntly, fucked! They gotta understand it and get through it.
Good on you Gene. Good on you. That was an impressive and very tough thing you did. And that Shannon. Most women would not have put up with what she put up with. But she did. And her family is together, she has the commitment she needed, and let's hope they have a long happy loving trust-filled life together.
The rest of us should be so lucky. Me? I've now got a man in my life who had that warm loving relationship and I am just sorry I never knew the man. The Beau and his cousins tell great stories about his dad.
Therapy works. It's the answer to a lot of what ails people. Why do they have to be so damn stubborn and not feel the pain to get to the gain? Who knows. But we move on and are lucky enough to have a second chance. Which we accept and even grab with gusto.
So here's my toast to Gene and Shannon. I just LOVE that show!
October 06, 2011
2. I really need to not be so pre occupied, but it's rather nice to have someone waiting for me and wanting to spend time with me
3. We're going to a Ukrainian function together. That ought to be interesting. I'll report back.
4. Rebel Junior is as rebelly as ever. I picked up 6 garbage bags of her clothes and threw them into the garage.
5.Getting to work at 8 AM is problematic. Having every second Friday off is not. Short term pain long term gain. I am still not a morning person.
6. Rebel and the loser BF were evicted from their apartment. She claimed all sorts of things. WHY they didn't see it coming I don't know. Long story. Problems with the landlord, and yet, they were tossed. They are living with XSU. heh heh heh
7.I lost my cell phone. CANNOT find it anywhere. One minute it was on the hutch in the kitchen, then it wasn't. meh. I don't miss it much. It was a hand me down blackberry. i can't go back to a non keyboard phone t9 for text.. doesn't cut it.
8. I can't wait to wear my new Fleuvog shoes. OH my they cost me nearly half a mortgage payment. Worth EVERY penny.
9. Wow! Even Gene Simmons got married.
10. It's turkey time this weekend. I'm having 11 people for dinner. I LOVE it. XSU is NOT one of the invited guests.
11. I really have to stop playing mah jong dimensions on FB. I'll never ever get all that time back.
12. My cousin told me about this really cool stuff that looks like granite for counter tops and it's less than $100! A DYI project even I can handle. Pour it on. Epoxy. Done. I'm gonna do it. Instead of painting my bedroom. Which is also on the list.
13. I think I'll have a perogy party open house at the end of November. I plan to make perogies every Saturday morning from now til then. You're all invited. All three of you who might read the blog once in awhile.