Moving on .

I've been blogging for a few years now. Sometimes sporadically sometimes daily, but almost regularly. I have finally separated from XSU and starting to live a new life on my own. The original blog helped me get through the painful process of the end of the marriage, along with some bumpy roads dealing with a critically ill child in the midst of the end of marriage mess. Now this blog will see me through the new paths and adventures that life has to offer. Restructuring my life. My way. My experiences, ventings, musings on that whole big and not so big deal.

October 25, 2011

Tuesday Tale: In which Kate & Karl enjoy their dance moves

Kate and Karl were drinking a wee dram of single malt, in bed, one Sunday evening and they came to the realization that they had been spending a fair bit of time dancing together at a variety of business and family functions.

“We dance well together, Kate” stated Karl after he took a sip of the lovely 21 year old malt they were enjoying.

“Yeah, we do, but Karl, your polka needs some work,” joked Kate. Her eastern European heritage always came out during festive events where the 1-2-3 polka beats made her feel young again. This last time though she had a hard time with the platform stilettos she stole from her daughter for the occasion but crashed along in style dancing with anyone who loved to polka with her!

“Well, I’m not too old to learn,” said Karl, “and it might take me a few months, but holding you close while I jump around is worth the effort. It’s kind of like our horizontal dances,” he winked at her.

Kate spewed her malt, lamenting the waste.

“Karl! You make me laugh. You’ll try anything won’t you?”

“Darlin, if it makes you happy, and you keep taking me with you, I’ll do almost anything for you!”

Kate melted, put down her glass of malt, looked Karl in the eye and told him,” the best way to learn to polka is to get that horizontal dance done right first.”

The glasses of malt lingered for the next couple of hours as Kate and Karl practiced their moves.

1 comment:

blondie16 said...

A little Mattress Dancin, eh?

Cute vignette, Marie. Keep 'em coming. So to speak. tee hee!

love and hugs,
~ b