Moving on .

I've been blogging for a few years now. Sometimes sporadically sometimes daily, but almost regularly. I have finally separated from XSU and starting to live a new life on my own. The original blog helped me get through the painful process of the end of the marriage, along with some bumpy roads dealing with a critically ill child in the midst of the end of marriage mess. Now this blog will see me through the new paths and adventures that life has to offer. Restructuring my life. My way. My experiences, ventings, musings on that whole big and not so big deal.

April 15, 2010

13 on Thursday: Reflections on being at home mostly.

Reflections: Family Home
I haven't been home since Rebel was sick. Catching up with the girls was the best. These are the people who've been my friends since childhood. It was great to be here.

1. Driving down a highway where flood waters have barely receded is a little eerie.

2. Mecca is SUPER Target .... or possibly Kohl's but it is always in another country.

3. American beer is still akin to drinking water even if you drink with friends.

4. Fancy seniors residences are still "homes" and what a glimpse of the future they can be. OY!

5 Family is family. Thank goodness I have a brother who is there and handling things. Same with the sister in law. I am very lucky.

6 Driving in a your home town after being away a few years is frustrating. Everything has changed and yet.... it hasn't.

7. I look like my mom. So much so that when I was at the family church on Sunday with dad, more than one of her friends told me it was "spooky" how much I looked like her. Missing her every day. It's been 8 years.

8. I still have no sense of direction and need a GPS.

9. Cell phone providers and roaming charges need to get real.

10. Thank goodness for texting. Doesn't help when the text says - *you didn't leave enough groceries and I can't find dad!* sigh.....

11. Getting away is always good.

12. Seeing old friends is even better. These are the girls who know my history and my life. And we watch our children growing up now. They are becoming adults and getting married. WOW. No talk of grandchildren ...... yet.

13. Home is always where the heart is - here or there.

4 comments:

Lily on the Road said...

Glad you are having an opportunity of going down memory land all the while looking into the future.

Mom's.....*sniff*

YOU didn't leave enough groceries??? Duh, you live 1 block from Sobey's,

hello....22 year old, go BUY groceries....

Anonymous said...

Marie,

*sigh*. I know how you feel. This time of year it gets almost unbearable for me. I cried in the store the other day after going round the corner and was hit with a wall of mothers day cards. *hugs*

So you really can go home again, eh? Plus there is Mecca, thy name is Target. ;-)

I laughed outloud reading Lily's comment about the 22 year old. That was my exact thought. GMTA for sure.

love, hugs and happy Thursday,
~ b

Anonymous said...

M,
Did I just see your daughter call you by your given name over on FB?
WTF?

~ b

Rudy said...

I am with b and Lily on the grocery problem. It sounds like a personal problem - yours and btw, so is locating your father LOL

drinking lawnmower beer doesn't really count as drinking American beer - most of us don't count it as more than a fizzy quencher for a hot day. The trouble is, they are ubiquitous. When I was at applebees in falls church I wanted a regional beer to go with my meal so I asked the waitress (very pleasant young gal) what they had for local beers. She said they had on tap miller, bud, bud light.....

oy! even we can't escape it.