Moving on .

I've been blogging for a few years now. Sometimes sporadically sometimes daily, but almost regularly. I have finally separated from XSU and starting to live a new life on my own. The original blog helped me get through the painful process of the end of the marriage, along with some bumpy roads dealing with a critically ill child in the midst of the end of marriage mess. Now this blog will see me through the new paths and adventures that life has to offer. Restructuring my life. My way. My experiences, ventings, musings on that whole big and not so big deal.

May 03, 2010

Let me count the days.,.....

I have managed to snag myself a new job. I'll stay in the same organization, but I am moving away from my profession and will now be the Liaison between the union and management on change. Change. Yep. We are moving from about 5 different buildings into one brand new building - hopefully before I retire - and we need to change our culture and how we work. I will be union type person going to management. Completely different line of work. Could be most interesting. I hope. And best part - no staff to manage, no budget to manage no dealing with bureaucracy and process. My job will be to help figure out how to disrupt the process BWA HA HA !!! I haven't said anything on my Facebook page as yet. I have to tell my staff first. I have three new people starting in the next month. I am not even sure I'll be around to welcome them in the door!

I've signed on to go to my professional conference this year - it's all paid for and registered I am hoping I can still go even though it's not aligned with the new job. I would love to see my friends and actually get to attend events and stuff. Will see if they still let me go.

Rebel is counting down the days til her BF leaves town. He for some reason is staying here again. I very rudely asked him why he couldn't go stay at his own place. "Your daughter wants me here," was his response. "Yeah, well I don't and I pay the bills, so take your showers at your own apartment, smoke your cigarettes ten feet away from my house, and ask my permission before you drop your pants at the foot of her bed, OK?"
Rebel was not impressed because of course this excuse of a man RAN to her and ratted me out. Can you believe it? The man has NO SHAME! None at all. And of course Rebel and I end up having a stand off over this excuse of a man. The frustrating part is - he doesn't get why I have zero respect for him, and why he disgusts me. He doesn't see it AT ALL!!! I am counting down til he leaves too. It can't be soon enough.

Rebel Junior returns home Wednesday. With an extra suitcase that Air France is charging her 1oo euros to load up on the plane. They are tough with their one suitcase rule and it better weigh less than 43 kilos! Apparently she's managed to fill two suitcases right up. I am not asking XSU to share the load on this one because I owe him some money. This should even things out. I'll get the receipt from RJ though - just in case.

2 comments:

Rudy said...

and ask my permission before you drop your pants at the foot of her bed, OK?

ROFLMAO!!!!

Lily on the Road said...

Oh I know Rudy, that one cracked me up too!

Maybe he'll get decked by a cowboy when out west, one can only hope.