Moving on .

I've been blogging for a few years now. Sometimes sporadically sometimes daily, but almost regularly. I have finally separated from XSU and starting to live a new life on my own. The original blog helped me get through the painful process of the end of the marriage, along with some bumpy roads dealing with a critically ill child in the midst of the end of marriage mess. Now this blog will see me through the new paths and adventures that life has to offer. Restructuring my life. My way. My experiences, ventings, musings on that whole big and not so big deal.

July 28, 2010

Wordy Wednesday: A Heluva Story.


Wordless Wednesday is cancelled today because I just don't have access to my internet and no way to get images from point A to B. Unless Blondie inserts a very nice Ford Roush Racing NASCAR image! (-:

{as you wish. And it's even a Mustang!}

So instead I will let you in on a good one. An acquaintance of mine - the CEO of a youth at risk organisation where I sit on the board- knows Rebel quite well. The two ran into each other somewhere and Dierdra mentioned that I was going to a NASCAR race - in 9 days I might add!

Well! Rebel had a fit. She's decided there must be a man involved because no way would I ever spring to go to a NASCAR race. bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha. She said something to RJ and the two of them were grilling me over the table at dinner. It was too much fun.
"Who's the man?"
"There is no man."
"There has to be a man. Why else would YOU be going to a NASCAR race? Say pickle"
Apparently if you say the word pickle and start to smile or giggle it means you're lying. I guffawed quite loudly as I said the magic word which set the girls off even more.

Yeah.... I lied. There IS a man going. The husband of my friend, and no, there is no three way activity involved. (saving that for Rudy & Blondie and the camera) In fact, there are moments when I worry about my sanity for this trip because the friend I am going with is, to be blunt, an alcoholic. She is a wino but manages to be functional. She manages to hold down a job, but as she progresses and takes on stress - the drinking usually gets so bad she has to quit working. It hasn't happened now for about 5 years and she's almost due to crash again.

I asked her if she really thought she could do the trip and it seems she is all up for it. There are moments when she and her husband are sparring partners and then he enables her problem. However, I had a few frank words with the two of them, and I believe we have an understanding. So I will hope and pray for the best. It was her idea to start with, and I resisted, but then thought life is too short. I really think her life is going to be shortened - she's diabetic, smokes, drinks and rarely eats. This isn't a good combo.

But we are off to NASCAR and my girls are thinking I am having a dirty weekend. They are all for it and want to know 9 ways to Sunday "who" would take the likes of me to a NASCAR weekend. No doubt this is the message that will be sent to XSU. I roar in laughter, and not just your standard LOL!


The road to Watkins Glen is going to be a heluva ride!

3 comments:

blondie16 said...

OMG that is one funny story. I LOVE it. And you know it will get back to SU which makes it even more delicious. Plus I learned something. I didn't know about that whole pickle situation. Now I do. I am going to have to work that into my life cuz it is funny.

I gotta go clean my computer now. Ya did good getting me to spew. ;-)

Happy Wordy {now with more photos} Wednesday!

love and hugs,
~ b

Lily on the Road said...

OMG, I'm crying I'm laughing so hard, good for YOU!!! *pickle* Bwwahhhaaaa!!

Yikes I didn't know that is who you were going with, well, hopefully it'll be fun....?

Rudy said...

camera man

click click

heh

I'm not saying there is a man, I'm not saying there isn't. Hell I'm not even saying it's a man at all. THAT will get them going in circles