Moving on .

I've been blogging for a few years now. Sometimes sporadically sometimes daily, but almost regularly. I have finally separated from XSU and starting to live a new life on my own. The original blog helped me get through the painful process of the end of the marriage, along with some bumpy roads dealing with a critically ill child in the midst of the end of marriage mess. Now this blog will see me through the new paths and adventures that life has to offer. Restructuring my life. My way. My experiences, ventings, musings on that whole big and not so big deal.

August 27, 2010

It's been a few days......

It's been a few days eh? I've just been off doing other things, and/or allowing the child to use my laptop. Which I should not do. Since she started using my laptop I seem to have this bizarre redirect virus which takes every link and sends it to some cheap hack site. NOT impressed. Must clean that up.

So, tried to hang more curtains and pictures and created humonguous holes in my wall. Don't know why it snafu'd like that. Must have been the bragging I did.

Next DIY lesson - patching drywall! Very fine sandpaper is my friend. So is a good shop vac to pick up all the dry wall dust, What a mess! I see films of dry wall dust in close proximity to every hole I drilled and patched.

So the FB friends all know - I seem to have won this award from my university alumni association. I'll be going to pick it up and the Rebel wants to come with me. Hmmm hanging out with my librarian buddies has never been her cup of tea but it would appear she wants to be there. Okay. She can come. My sister in law has invited us to stay at her place. Apparently she likes me better than she likes her brother, the XSU. The only thing I have to say about that is BWA HA HA HA .

Ten days vacation starting tomorrow. August 27th. Wedding anniversary date. Would have been 27 years. WhatEver. I'll be fine. Moving right along. No grand plans for the time off. ( see above paragraph re: dry wall dust) My DIY projects are just moving right along.

NASCAR is in Montreal on Sunday. It's REALLY tempting to drive down for the day, park the car, hop the subway and get to the track. I am developing a NASCAR fixation. A serious one. Need to save my pennies and get myself to Daytona, Indianapolis, AND Taladaga and Watkins Glen again, of course.

Just finished the first Steig Larsson book, ready for book two now. Don't expect to see me here til that one's done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It has been a few days and we missed you, Marie. In fact I think someone sent up a smoke signal. tee hee!

Happy to see all is well. Or normal.

Too bad we don't live closer. I got kids who know how to do all that crap. I don't attempt things because I am afraid I am going to eff it up. I should just take a page from your book and do it anyways and hope for the best. Better to have tried than not, I suppose. Plus the aforementioned kids can fix my mess. heh!

Send me an email with the exact site you are being redirected to and I will see what I can find in terms of getting you back on track with your lappy. I only request that you don't loan it out to the child again once we get it fixed.

Congrats on the award! You are great and it is excellent that you are being recognized. *hugs*

Vacay! I say you go to the NASCAR. You know you want to.

Steig Larson - The Girl with, books? What do you think of them? I have been considering giving the first one a try.

Happy Weekend. Happy Vacay! Happy Home Improving.

love and hugs,
~ b