Moving on .

I've been blogging for a few years now. Sometimes sporadically sometimes daily, but almost regularly. I have finally separated from XSU and starting to live a new life on my own. The original blog helped me get through the painful process of the end of the marriage, along with some bumpy roads dealing with a critically ill child in the midst of the end of marriage mess. Now this blog will see me through the new paths and adventures that life has to offer. Restructuring my life. My way. My experiences, ventings, musings on that whole big and not so big deal.

August 03, 2010

It's a twofer!

I've missed the Sunday snippets and a few other posts lately. It's been a grad school reunion week this week.

Had a friend visiting over the weekend. I've known him for thirty years. We went to grad school together. Had a great visit with him as we joined another friend who lives out in the country. Just before him, another friend from grad school was visiting from New Zealand. A couple of other girls arrived from Toronto and we had a wonderful dinner - what a great time. We always manage to pick up where we left off the last time we got together. These girls have been there for me. I would pitch in for any of them any time!


Rebel keeps coming around looking for something. She called me on the weekend asking me to give her some money for gas. I told her to come and get it, as I was busy and wasn't going to deliver. She claims she didn't even have enough money to get herself to my place. I told her too bad so sad, I was busy and wasn't going to run on demand. That felt good.


I really hope she is keeping track of this stuff. That boyfriend of hers doesn't seem to be much support. But I know this already. Can't do much about it.


I need to buy a small step ladder. I can't reach the light in the ceiling going down to my basement. I tried standing on a chair but could barely reach the lamp shade to remove it. ARGH. I am sure a little ladder will come in handy. But I'd rather spend money on something else. Anything else.


I have someone staying at the house looking after the dog while I am gone to the races. It's one of my young employees at work. Guess I am going to really have to get to work to tidy things up. Hate to think she'd yak about state of my affairs. LOL.. That Marie, great at her job, wonderful with people, but oy! clutter, dust bunnies and bad food in the fridge. ( with all due respect to the bad food, it does make it to the green bin on garbage day!)
Thought I'd get this done before midnight. But apparently not. So this is a twofer. Here's Wordless Wednesday right here... under this line.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful wordless! So promising.

Every home needs a step ladder sooner or later. Heck, I need one to reach my baking ingredients. LOL!

Excellent that you have someone staying at the house while you are gone. Peace of mind is a good thing to have. Plus the Rebel's won't find a way in and wreak havoc.

I am still hoping and praying that Miss Rebel figures it out sooner rather than later. I know it has to be a bit painful to watch. *hugs*

Sounds like a great weekend was had by you all.

Two Thumbs up for your Two-fer!
love, hugs and Happy Wordless Wednesday!
~ b