Moving on .

I've been blogging for a few years now. Sometimes sporadically sometimes daily, but almost regularly. I have finally separated from XSU and starting to live a new life on my own. The original blog helped me get through the painful process of the end of the marriage, along with some bumpy roads dealing with a critically ill child in the midst of the end of marriage mess. Now this blog will see me through the new paths and adventures that life has to offer. Restructuring my life. My way. My experiences, ventings, musings on that whole big and not so big deal.

September 12, 2010

Sunday Snippets

It's been a while. I am sorta back but have been feeling a tad lethargic the last few weeks. The blast of hot weather week before last didn't help and getting back into work mode this week. Totally not helping.

Rebel Junior wants to be at school by 8 AM. Every day. This is KILLING me. Have I mentioned that I am not really a morning person? But it's good for me to work towards this goal because it will allow me to change my work day too. It's that getting to bed with the lights out earlier in the evening and not staying up to watch Craig Ferguson or Jimmy Fallon. We managed to get out of the house once at 7:45 AM and the rest of the week it was 8ish... or later.... working on this one!

I found out that a really nice guy I work with, who I haven't seen in months is at home on hibernation leave. He came home from work one day and his wife had left him. Off she went to Newfoundland - with another man- and left him at home with the five dogs and some furniture. He had no clue. Nothing. Isn't that always the way with the men? Typical. He'd been married over 35 years and was getting the retirement plan geared up. He's been off work for over 4 months now. I've sent his manager a note telling him that when next he talks to this guy, that I'd like to take a crack at him. I think his wallowing phase needs to fade out and he needs to start getting angry and dealing with the business. The five dogs and his finances in particular. Apparently she's coming back to take two of the dogs. Nice of her.

We are still dealing with our Hotelby fiasco. The company very nicely took off one night's charges at their inflated price. - I am still so pissed at this thing. But in the end if they don't back away, I am going to have to pay $400 extra in hotel charges to VISA. is part of Priceline and I can't seen HOW they can say cheaphotels on their site and then charge these extravagent fees.

I am still working on getting a beat up old couch out of my basement. RJ called XSU to come over and destroy it and get it up and out. I had a fit (quietly) when she told me. Apparently he was going to come in the house when he brought her home after school and take care of it. While that would be all fine and dandy, I was pissed that it never occured to him to call ME and ask ME what I wanted to do. RJ keeps using the argument "well it WAS dad's house too, until you two had to break things up." I didn't even bother going there with her, and told her instead that I had things under control and really, it was okay, and thanks for offering up her dad, but I have my own friends who will help me. No doubt this would have the easy way out, but frankly, I'm not too keen to be beholden to the XSU in any way, shape or form. He wasn't helpful while we were married, why would he be now? It's that thing he needs and I don't want to be feeding his needs. I couldn't do it right while we were married, why do it now? Perhaps it's biting off my nose to spite my face ( I love this phrase) but I need to figure these things out on my own with my own people.

I called XSU and told him that if either of the girls ask him to come into MY house for any reason, he absolutely had to call me or send me an email first. There's just no reason for him to be taking requests for stuff at my house from his daughters. He, as usual, said nothing. I don't know why he doesn't get this part. It's NOT his house. He really should focus on his house instead. It's postively a relic!

IN the meantime, I've got a friend coming over with a saw, wire cutters and just in case, a chain saw to get this piece of crap furniture chopped into sections and out the door.

Not a great Sunday activity, but it has to be done!

Happy week friends.


MarieA said...

So.... Monday update.
Both RJ and I slept in. So much for our 8 AM getaway!!!

Take 2- Tuesday!

Rudy said...

oh I knew she was leaving. I just refused to quit and/or fully accept what I subconsciously recognized.

Anonymous said...

it takes time to become a morning person, just as it took time to be a night hawk, albeit, mornings are soooo much better. LOL

Have friends come over and get the couch out of there and to the end of the driveway, then send an email or horrors, phone and leave a message it is there until the Sally Anne or other charity picks it up I'm sure that Mr. & Mrs. Nascar and I would help....


Anonymous said...

Wishing you luck with the do over tomorrow morning. With the kid going to class Mon-Thursday we are getting up about 5:45 and he leaves about an hour early. If I could go to bed early that would be helpful but that just doesn't' happen. This is kickin my ass.

I know how it was for me back in the day. I would rather have chewed off my arm than to ask the chickenshit for help with anything. I hope that you get the sofa situation taken care of to your satisfaction soon.

love and hugs,
~ b