Moving on .

I've been blogging for a few years now. Sometimes sporadically sometimes daily, but almost regularly. I have finally separated from XSU and starting to live a new life on my own. The original blog helped me get through the painful process of the end of the marriage, along with some bumpy roads dealing with a critically ill child in the midst of the end of marriage mess. Now this blog will see me through the new paths and adventures that life has to offer. Restructuring my life. My way. My experiences, ventings, musings on that whole big and not so big deal.

October 14, 2010

13 on Thursday

Catch up Thursday


1. Had a pretty good Thanksgiving. Both girls were over - Rebel brought the loser boyfriend and I managed to be civil. We had a good time.


2. Leftovers - nothing like a hot turkey sandwich made with leftover stuffing instead of bread with cranberry sauce and gravy. Sent Rebel home with a care package too.


3 I bought a treadmill. See no.2. The trousers and skirts are all too tight and I don't want to go out and buy a whole new whack of clothes in a bigger size. sigh.... so I figure the only way I will get in my ten thousand steps a day is by walking inside as well as outside. Got one from Sears for half price so I am pleased. Offically dropping the gym membership this week. I may as well not kid myself any longer.


4 Rebel Junior is now asking to go on The Pill. Her acne is pretty had and that is reason enough, but oy! Believe me we've had "the talk" many times over and yet, my baby is no baby.


5. Had a great chat with neighbour Don around the corner who kept me talking for 20 minutes while I was supposed to be walking the dog, who informed me that he and girlofriend were broken up, and what a disaster that was and how she didn't know how to train her puppy. What is it with these guys?


6. New job keeping me entertained at work. The union side - unrelenting. Yet, I am enjoying it. My blog at work is no.2 on the pop charts so that is good. It's being read and perhaps getting both employees and management thinking - for a change.


7 Rebel Junior finally got her self a job. It's a little far away and the bus service is poor so she does need to be picked up. She at a shoe store called The Shoe Company and there is a store not more than 5 minutes from us, so she's hoping she'll be able to transfer over perhaps after Christmas. I was pleased.


8 Got an investment statement yesterday. Looks like I might be able to afford Rebel Junior's first year of university next year. Maybe.


9 XSU ran out of gas on his way home from some course he was on. He had to call Rebel who was 40 minutes away. I had to laugh because he ALWAYS goes on about how he is careful. Rebel was not impressed. Point being too.... doesn't appear he had any friend who could help him.


10 Thinking about not teaching this winter quarter. I think I just want a break this year. I might have been keeping myself overly busy last year just to be busy. It certainly isn't worth the money, and while I enjoy being in the classroom it's the work outside of the classroom that's the killer. Especially at the college level.


11 Municipal elections These people make me crazy. But I ALWAYS vote so I an complain afterwards.


12. My car is looking like a beater. Dislike.


13. Let the leaf raking begin!

3 comments:

blondie16 said...

Great 13. Happy to hear that you had a nice Thanksgiving and LOL that the SU ran out of gas. That is hilarious. Congrats to the young one for getting a job. Will think good thoughts about a closer location for her.

Happy Thursday!
love and hugs,
~ b

Anonymous said...

Wow, life is never dull. Good on all counts, you don't need to teach at the moment. It was good to have while you needed to be overly busy, but now you need to concentrate on getting back out there and "strutting your stuff". Can't do that with college boys *wink*.

The pill and condoms, go hand in hand at any age...she old enough and who needs a face full of acne...good for her to get a job, life is starting to fall into place.

Keep up the good work

Lily

Anonymous said...

All sounds good!