Catch up Thursday
1. Had a pretty good Thanksgiving. Both girls were over - Rebel brought the loser boyfriend and I managed to be civil. We had a good time.
2. Leftovers - nothing like a hot turkey sandwich made with leftover stuffing instead of bread with cranberry sauce and gravy. Sent Rebel home with a care package too.
3 I bought a treadmill. See no.2. The trousers and skirts are all too tight and I don't want to go out and buy a whole new whack of clothes in a bigger size. sigh.... so I figure the only way I will get in my ten thousand steps a day is by walking inside as well as outside. Got one from Sears for half price so I am pleased. Offically dropping the gym membership this week. I may as well not kid myself any longer.
4 Rebel Junior is now asking to go on The Pill. Her acne is pretty had and that is reason enough, but oy! Believe me we've had "the talk" many times over and yet, my baby is no baby.
5. Had a great chat with neighbour Don around the corner who kept me talking for 20 minutes while I was supposed to be walking the dog, who informed me that he and girlofriend were broken up, and what a disaster that was and how she didn't know how to train her puppy. What is it with these guys?
6. New job keeping me entertained at work. The union side - unrelenting. Yet, I am enjoying it. My blog at work is no.2 on the pop charts so that is good. It's being read and perhaps getting both employees and management thinking - for a change.
7 Rebel Junior finally got her self a job. It's a little far away and the bus service is poor so she does need to be picked up. She at a shoe store called The Shoe Company and there is a store not more than 5 minutes from us, so she's hoping she'll be able to transfer over perhaps after Christmas. I was pleased.
8 Got an investment statement yesterday. Looks like I might be able to afford Rebel Junior's first year of university next year. Maybe.
9 XSU ran out of gas on his way home from some course he was on. He had to call Rebel who was 40 minutes away. I had to laugh because he ALWAYS goes on about how he is careful. Rebel was not impressed. Point being too.... doesn't appear he had any friend who could help him.
10 Thinking about not teaching this winter quarter. I think I just want a break this year. I might have been keeping myself overly busy last year just to be busy. It certainly isn't worth the money, and while I enjoy being in the classroom it's the work outside of the classroom that's the killer. Especially at the college level.
11 Municipal elections These people make me crazy. But I ALWAYS vote so I an complain afterwards.
12. My car is looking like a beater. Dislike.
13. Let the leaf raking begin!