Moving on .

I've been blogging for a few years now. Sometimes sporadically sometimes daily, but almost regularly. I have finally separated from XSU and starting to live a new life on my own. The original blog helped me get through the painful process of the end of the marriage, along with some bumpy roads dealing with a critically ill child in the midst of the end of marriage mess. Now this blog will see me through the new paths and adventures that life has to offer. Restructuring my life. My way. My experiences, ventings, musings on that whole big and not so big deal.

October 31, 2010

Sunday Snippets

Happy Halloween.
I'm still fighting off this cold and have been hanging around home except for last night, when Rebel and I attended a Gala dinner for one of the boards I am on. A gymnastics centre where Rebel coaches. Ran around like a fool looking for a new black dress. Got one. Wore it. Don't like it much. *Really* thinking about taking it back. I've never done that before. I'll probably just ship it off to the consignment store.

I don't have a lot to say these days. Life is pretty normal - what ever that is. I keep thinking about winding down the blog and just moving it along. But then every now and again I get the urge to post and so I do.

Being in the separated status, not divorced as yet, I don't really feel too different than when the XSU was in the house because I pretty much lived my own life anyway. Oy that was some sentence. So I am occupied and do my own thing, I just notice on occasion that the support isn't there. For something to do with the girls. Or needing to get something done around the house. But it's not really a big deal. I just either deal with it, ask someone for help, or park it. Seems to work for now.

I am going to Montreal this week. Looking forward to this. It's union business. I'm a shop steward and with my new role at work, I am more involved in a bunch of things we're dealing with at work. This should prove to be different. LOVE LOVE LOVE Montreal.

Must go carve a pumpkin - something I've never done before. That was always a dad job. Apparently dad isn't carving a pumpkin. He's playing the role of the grumpy old guy who turns his lights out. Sad. But then again, he was never one for getting to know the neighbours or making small talk to be friendly.

That must be yet another reason Rebel Junior is spending more time with me than with him. But who's counting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way about blogging lately, hence the lack of activity both blogging and running.

You do what you gotta do and deal with it. Having never had a man around the house in the past 11 years, you learn to either ignore it or hire someone to fix it once its been ignored long enough.

Have fun on YMX....

Lily

Anonymous said...

Facebook is killing blogs. Don't let it kill yours!

love and hugs,
~ b