Moving on .

I've been blogging for a few years now. Sometimes sporadically sometimes daily, but almost regularly. I have finally separated from XSU and starting to live a new life on my own. The original blog helped me get through the painful process of the end of the marriage, along with some bumpy roads dealing with a critically ill child in the midst of the end of marriage mess. Now this blog will see me through the new paths and adventures that life has to offer. Restructuring my life. My way. My experiences, ventings, musings on that whole big and not so big deal.

December 05, 2010

Foo Martonis, no, Four martonis, no four martinis and a date.

I had a lovely weekend. Probably because there was a man involved. And for a change, it wasn't the XSU man but the neighbour down the street man. The very nice widower. As I was walking the dog earlier in the week, Mr W was out admiring his new Ford Fiesta - men and their cars - and we started to chat. He asked me if it was martini time yet and I thought what the hell, Sure it is! And the next thing I knew I had an invitation for drinks on Saturday at 4 ish.

Well, as the day and time grew closer I started to panic somewhat. I mean this was kinda like a date. A real date. First time in over 25 years really. And as I freaked out, and hyperventilated and paced I realized that this was kind of silly. So I fired up the ole interwebs and had a conversation with The Blonde via Facebook IM and managed to clear my head and calm myself down. Thank goodness for a helpful girlfriend at the right time.

I figured okay... 4 ish... not dinner - I'd be home by 7 ish or so. A couple of drinks and I'd be done. So I did the make up, fluffed up the hair, put on the good jeans. Perfume? No perfume. Not this time. And walked myself over the Mr W's house up the street.

And seven hours, four martinis, and a little sushi later, I walked myself home. Had a really good evening. If I recall, that's what first dates are all about. Getting to know the other person, finding common interests and enjoying each others company. His wife's death, my separation, our work, music we like, talk talk talk. A lot of talk. With a lot of gin, and a tad of food (thank goodness for the perogies I ate just before I went over there) I had..... a good time. I believe we might do it again. Mr W kept saying, we should have had dinner, we should have had dinner. But of course by the time we figured that out we were probably both too liquored up to go anywhere. A couple of hugs and a kiss at the door on the way out. I'd do that again.

Only thing was, I got home and had to go straight to bed as the fresh air kicked in and had me buzzing. Getting up Sunday morning, I must have had a gallon of water to deal with the dehydration.

Nothing like a martini or four to keep the weekend right. And a real man.


Anonymous said...

Excellent! I am so glad you had a positive time. Awaiting the next dating installment.

love and hugs,
~ blondie

MarieA said...

so am I Blondie, so am I! (-;

Anonymous said...

Wow, how wonderful. I'm so happy to read that you're "moving on UP".

keep us posted....