Moving on .

I've been blogging for a few years now. Sometimes sporadically sometimes daily, but almost regularly. I have finally separated from XSU and starting to live a new life on my own. The original blog helped me get through the painful process of the end of the marriage, along with some bumpy roads dealing with a critically ill child in the midst of the end of marriage mess. Now this blog will see me through the new paths and adventures that life has to offer. Restructuring my life. My way. My experiences, ventings, musings on that whole big and not so big deal.

October 02, 2009

TGIW!


It's the weekend.  Thank goodness.  The girls are going to XSU's place and he has promised me that they will be at home at a reasonable hour and there will be no sleepovers anywhere.

I told him that Frenchy is looking for a some touring around Ottawa, and of course he says to me - let me know what tours are out there.   I roll my eyes and think "you're such a hot shot researcher on the Internet you can't find the tour companies and get the info yourself?!?"    So I sent him some links and I hope he forks out some time and money on the girls.

I will be glad to have the place to myself and enjoy some quiet as I pull together the house and move stuff back to the basement or out to the garage. 

I found a tiny tear in my new chair in the living room.  Right on a seam.  I am waiting for phone call so it can be fixed. I also realized my fridge was making a ton of noise because the non-existent ice maker in the freezer was trying to make ice and I am not interested in connecting the fridge to a water source.  One more thing that could go wrong, so I managed to figure out how to turn the ice maker to OFF.

One thing I can't figure out is how to get a burnt out light bulb out of the fixture in my kitchen.  Seriously. I mean I can't pull it out, it doesn't screw out and I see no way to get this thing out so I can take it to the store and replace it.  Luckily HH tells me he wants to drop by on Sunday to finish up a couple of little things so I will get him to show me what the deal is with the damn thing.

It's not the big stuff that gets you frustrated or down when you're on your own, it's the stupid little things that you aren't even aware of til you need to be.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your teen-less weekend. That down time away from them is so important.

I remember all too well feeling so overwhelmed with the upkeep of crap I never had to deal with before. In time everything will become familiar to you and you will just know what to do or how to do it.

I don't have my new fridge hooked up to the water either. Once in a while the little lever dealie gets hit and the thing wants to make ice. Upon entering the kitchen I wonder WTF that noise is. *rolling eyes*

HH will figure out the light for you. I wonder if it has a little screw on the side somewhere that you need to loosen before the bulb can be removed.

Happy weekend, girlfriend. Don't forget to open a nice bottle of wine.

love and hugs,
~ b

Anonymous said...

don't know about a screw (though that might apply to the cover/globe not the bulb)

However, it may not be threaded and might need to be pushed in before turning.

we need pics M! LOL

~R

MarieA said...

thanks two some for the support. I kept looking for a push a screw all of the above to get the light out. I got nuthin. Will take yet another look today.

Will see what I can figure out one more time before giving up and chatting with the HH about this.