Moving on .

I've been blogging for a few years now. Sometimes sporadically sometimes daily, but almost regularly. I have finally separated from XSU and starting to live a new life on my own. The original blog helped me get through the painful process of the end of the marriage, along with some bumpy roads dealing with a critically ill child in the midst of the end of marriage mess. Now this blog will see me through the new paths and adventures that life has to offer. Restructuring my life. My way. My experiences, ventings, musings on that whole big and not so big deal.

November 24, 2009

Drama and dilemmas

It seems that I am on the go all the time.  Not far or anything too taxing, but I am really ready for about a week of nothing.  Only problem is I only have 4 days of vacation left until start of the new fiscal year which is April 1.  Man I hope I can make it.  After Christmas there are no stat holidays until Easter so I think I'll save my last few days for those times when I really need the break.  The annual scrap and spa weekend comes to mind.  Oh bliss.

Rebel Junior was at the XSU's this past weekend.  As usual she left a lovely disaster in the new basement - dishes, clothes, and an assortment of teen paraphenalia.  I left the dishes in a pile, tidied up around them and then hid her computer and camera - not to be returned til said dishes found their way into the dishwasher.

As I expected RJ returned home on Sunday and had a fit that I had taken her computer and was keeping her from doing all her homework.  Never mind that her father has a computer in his house that I have been told is the latest aned greatest.  For three hours as she harangued at me, I kept repeating, " clean up your mess - it will take all of 5 minutes and you'll get your computer back. "  If she had taken all that energy used yelling me about giving back her computer and just complied with my request it would have been done in five minutes.   She loves the drama that one.

Unlike her father, I won't and didn't cave in.  She again threatened me with going to live at her dad's full time.  I calmly told her that was her choice.  What's she gonna do?  Frankly, moving to her dad's would involve picking every piece of clothing off the floor of her room and  putting them  in something called a suit case or even trash bags,  and I think that's too much effort for her right now  LOL

Interestingly, Rebel, although living with the loser BF, tends to drop by and stay at my house almost every day or second day.  I asked her why she is constantly at my house aned not going to her dad's place which is closer into town.  Her response was "it doesn't feel like home." 

 I am putting up with RJ's slovenliness and Rebel's leaving stuff around or taking food home out of my fridge,
I am also counting down til RJ goes to France- 74 days.  Rebel may end up living here again too as I am hearing a little more often now " I nearly broke up with him" or some variation on this theme.



More importantly this week, is the troubling dilemma of  Pride or Alouettes All the way?   HOW can I score a trip to the Grey Cup in Calgary on Sunday?!?!?  yes yes yes.. sold out... what EV...  any game with the Saskatchewan Green machine is gonna be good, especially since it's being played in the heart of football country.    Ah well, this may not be the year, so I will find  a few friends, maybe a great sports bar and enjoy the crowd around me - but I won't be painting my face green. 


2 comments:

Lily on the Road said...

RJ just wants a response, good or bad...

ARGGGGOOOOOO's LOL...

have a great weekend, hopefully you'll get a chance to "slow down" without having to take days off. I am counting the days until Chrismas days off, but then I'll have my dad here....yikes, that is NOT relaxing...

Anonymous said...

Well, I guess ya gotta give her credit for trying. I am happy that you stick to your guns and don't let her whine her way around. HA! I say let her move in with her dad. I am guessing he won't find that amusing after a while.

Rebel - I say just be happy that she knows where home is. I know that my kids do. My new house is small and still needs cosmetic work but they always tell me how it just feels like home. Dad's house is Dad's house. My house is home.

So you are going for the Pride in the game? I am not gonna paint my face green either. {or any other colour.ever. We are still discussing the purple wig. heh!}

GO Pride! Go Green!

Happy Wednesday!
love and hugs,
~ b