Moving on .

I've been blogging for a few years now. Sometimes sporadically sometimes daily, but almost regularly. I have finally separated from XSU and starting to live a new life on my own. The original blog helped me get through the painful process of the end of the marriage, along with some bumpy roads dealing with a critically ill child in the midst of the end of marriage mess. Now this blog will see me through the new paths and adventures that life has to offer. Restructuring my life. My way. My experiences, ventings, musings on that whole big and not so big deal.

November 21, 2009

Share and share alike?

I am not impressed with my bank.    The woman I deal with at my bank does not return phone calls.  After I was done re newing my mortgage  and meeting with my family lawyer to review the bill and paperwork  she reported  that she spent far too much time chasing down the banker - which added a few dollars to my bottom line.

I should have paid closer attention.  This weekend I was supposed to have my roof replaced.  It's going to be a beautiful day by November standards - sunny about 8 C that's about 46-48F no rain , little wind. Perfect!  And where are my roofers?  At someone else's house because the woman at the bank never managed to get back to me.  She left me a message on Wednesday to call her Thursday - which I did and she never returned my call until late in the day.   This past week at work has been incredibly pressure filled and I most certainly wasn't sitting around waiting for her to call.

UGH.  I chose the roofing company because it's managed by the husband of a woman I know at work.  They were planning to come on the weekend if I paid cash and could avoid the taxes.  It was a great deal. So if I have to pay with a credit card it will negate the original plan.   Because the roof was an unexpected expense I didn't budget for it and need a loan.   
I arrived home after work last night to a message from bank lady - "come in on Saturday and let's have a chat."  Oh we'll have a chat all right.

I'll probably go to my secondary bank and see if they'll help.  The joint line of credit was there and so are most of my accounts.  This bank has never given me the time of day any time I went in alone or with the XSU so I am not hopeful.

And the roof is bad. It won't withstand another winter.
I expect though that this too shall pass.
Moral of the story - girls!  Establish yourself financially as a singleton wherever possible  -

Sharing cookies and cake and maybe a beer - okay   Sharing your money and your credit rating - don't even go there!



3 comments:

Rudy said...

any bank in this day and age that treats ANYONE (male or female) like that deserves to lose business and this gal's boss needs to know that s/he is losing business/profit because of her performance.

Lily on the Road said...

Don't I know that!!

As always, I agree with Rudy, I will send you my banker's name tonight on the land line...she is awesome and if anybody can get ME money, well then, I'll throw any business her way.

hope things got straightened out and that you no longer deal there!

blondie16 said...

yikes! Did you get this straightened out so that you can get the roof replaced? I certainly hope so.

Did you give your bank the boot?

Hang in there, girlfriend.

love and hugs,
~ b