Moving on .

I've been blogging for a few years now. Sometimes sporadically sometimes daily, but almost regularly. I have finally separated from XSU and starting to live a new life on my own. The original blog helped me get through the painful process of the end of the marriage, along with some bumpy roads dealing with a critically ill child in the midst of the end of marriage mess. Now this blog will see me through the new paths and adventures that life has to offer. Restructuring my life. My way. My experiences, ventings, musings on that whole big and not so big deal.

November 15, 2009

Taped up!


Thank goodness for duct tape.  And it now comes in a gazillion different colours too. My recyle boxes are both cracked and looking pretty "ghetto" as the kids say.   I am too cheap to go out and get some new ones.  So I thought to myhself. " If I was the cheap SOB XSU what would I do in this situation?"  And of course the answer came to me pretty much instantly - duct tape.
So I have duct taped the box up and ya know... it does look even more ghetto and RJ sat there rolling her eyes as I put the boxes together.  I just wish I had hot pink and lime green rather than your industrial black. But at least I don't have to go out and buy a bunch of new boxes for garbage day.

My main floor is so close to being finished.  But I think I am hitting reno fatigue.  A few things to move back to the basement, plus two big moving boxes full of stuff that I have to figure out what to do with, and it will be mostly done.

I am bringing my grandma's table up to the dining room but I have to keep a table cloth on it because it is so badly stained it needs refinishing.  I've never done that before and will get a friend to help me with it.  The chairs need to be re upolstered too and I think the same friend will be able to help me do that too.  That will be pretty easy to do I think.  I've watched the youtube how to videos.

It took RJ two days to clean up her mess from her party.  Her laptop has viruses on it she doesn't want to use it until we do a full clean up.  I told her she could use my laptop - AFTER she cleaned up.  She didn't bother until late afternoon and by then I had left the house and put the lofk on the laptop so she couldn't use it.

She says she's going to her dad's for the week but I haven't seen any evidence of her packing her stuff yet.  A week off would be nice.  I have to say I am not missing XSU's presence at all.

I am now heading to look around the house to see what else needs a little duct tape. 

2 comments:

Rudy said...

if you can't duct it, f*ck it!

Glad to hear things are almost finished on the main floor. I haven't done a lot of reno but I hear that you either need to take breaks and/or vary the types of projects so it doesn't seem like one endless job.

Lily on the Road said...

OMG, LMAO Rudy,

Are you sure there isn't coloured duct tape SOMEWHERE?

too funny...

I'm starting reno's this week, gah.