Moving on .

I've been blogging for a few years now. Sometimes sporadically sometimes daily, but almost regularly. I have finally separated from XSU and starting to live a new life on my own. The original blog helped me get through the painful process of the end of the marriage, along with some bumpy roads dealing with a critically ill child in the midst of the end of marriage mess. Now this blog will see me through the new paths and adventures that life has to offer. Restructuring my life. My way. My experiences, ventings, musings on that whole big and not so big deal.

December 27, 2009

Sunday Snippetts

Day 3 in my PJs.  I LOVE this quiet Christmas season.  Just what the doctor ordered. 
Rebel's dog is making me a tad crazy but other than that... it's been nice. 

Rebel Junior seemed pretty content.  We had turkey for dinner.  I cooked a turkey breast and as it cooked I realized there wasn't going to be any juice to make gravy.   THAT was a little odd. We had sour cream with the perogies and cranberry sauce but no gravy for the stuffing  - this was not right.  I could have used some of the broth I always have handy but RJ said not to worry about it - so I didn't.  We had caesar salad instead of the coleslaw that XSU always insisted upon and that was quite yummy.  I allowed RJ to have a rum cooler with her dinner - YES I did! In the wine glasses no less!  She had about half and decided she didn't want any more.    I don't know who was more surprised... her or me. 

I may do the same on New Year's Day.  I have already decided to cook a ham and make scalloped potatoes for dinner since everyone will be back,  May be we'll have a few odds and orphans around too.  Will see what transpires.  More perogies to make probably too!

Boxing Day was freezing rain. There was no way I was going to hit the stores.  RJ was not impressed.  Her godmother sent her $50 and she was all geared up to head to the mall.  She wouldn't take a bus and I wasn't about to chip the ice off the car and slide to the mall.  Getting home uphill would have been tricky.  So instead she decided to go to a friend's at the opposite end of the city and stay there for a few days.  Okay fine. 

Today - day 3 in PJs and I hear the Rebel's BF clattering around doing the housecleaning.  I am staying out of his way.  I think I will get up and put real clothes on and go and chip away the slush now that the weather has warmed up and the ice is melting everywhere.   I still have two more days off and today is Sunday so I am not going to do too too much.  Maybe read a book and drink some wine next to the Christmas tree.

So a first Christmas in a new way.  Next December I`ll have to remember the quiet and tranquil time we had and not feel stressed about what will happen or how, and perhaps it will help me get it together a whole lot earlier.  Though I say that every year. And every year, things have a way of working the way they are supposed to. 

 God Bless Us!  Each and everyone of us. Hope your 12 days of Christmas are tranquil and blessed. 


Anonymous said...

Your Christmas sounds lovely! Next year will be easier.

love and hugs,
~ blondie

Rudy said...

What a wonderful Christmas. It sounds absolutely peaceful.

I too spent most of the weekend in the Jamms but it was because I was coming down with a cold LOL

MarieA said...

oh Poor you Rudy. HOpe you're feeling better soon! ANyone send you some chicken soup?