Moving on .

I've been blogging for a few years now. Sometimes sporadically sometimes daily, but almost regularly. I have finally separated from XSU and starting to live a new life on my own. The original blog helped me get through the painful process of the end of the marriage, along with some bumpy roads dealing with a critically ill child in the midst of the end of marriage mess. Now this blog will see me through the new paths and adventures that life has to offer. Restructuring my life. My way. My experiences, ventings, musings on that whole big and not so big deal.

January 01, 2010

New Year

A new year. 
Take down the old calendar from the wall, put up the new one. Mark the important dates to come. Think of the possibilities and plans for the year. 

My friend in Denmark has invited me to come for her youngest daughter`s confirmation in May. Seriously. Denmark for a confirmation. That would be worth saving my pennies. 

Watching the Rose Bowl Parade again as I have almost every year since I can remember thinking how much I really want to go see the parade live.  And not just watching from any where but I want to be where the tv cameras are to see all the performances. If you go - then go big! Last year I looked at the tour packages for the parade - foot ball game included`and thought `I really need to get on this and go! I`d give away the tickets for the game and go shopping - but then again, maybe I`d go to a game just because it`s something to do.

I need to keep writing my murder mysteries. I have about 6 outlines and a bunch of research done, plus back stories and maybe a little discipline is called for and it`s time to get that ball going. 

No.... these are not resolutions but thoughts and things I have been contemplating. A new year, a new page to be turned. Time to move on and reach ahead to the possibilities rather than turning around at what was and reliving that over and over again.

Good health happiness  and possibilities to all.

4 comments:

Rudy said...

happy new year M

may all your hopes and dreams be realized

Lily on the Road said...

Oh if you go I'm going too! Blondie, batten down the hatches!!

Good things will come your way in 2010 M, I just feel it....

Anonymous said...

Excellent thoughts for a New Year, Marie. Lots to ponder as you begin your new chapter.

You would love the Rose Float Parade. I would love to go again. The last time I was there was the first time it had rained on the parade in over 50 years. How is that good? I ended up watching from a hotel room with both kids sleeping and CS with his new wifey sitting there with me. Odd and hilarious all in one.
We had been out all night on the parade route, in the rain, supporting the float drivers and were frozen and exhausted {the kids and I, not the CS}. The girl sent her dad out for starbucks for us all and then promptly fell asleep. bwahahaha! They were way more uncomfortable than I was.

I look forward to a visit whenever it happens, girlfriend. {you too, Lily!}

love, hugs and happy new year!
~ b

MarieA said...

WHat a good story Blondie. I am sure if I do go to the parade you will have to come with me.

Ex stories abound - and I am sure I'll have more than a few of my own.

HUGS
Happy New Year.