Moving on .

I've been blogging for a few years now. Sometimes sporadically sometimes daily, but almost regularly. I have finally separated from XSU and starting to live a new life on my own. The original blog helped me get through the painful process of the end of the marriage, along with some bumpy roads dealing with a critically ill child in the midst of the end of marriage mess. Now this blog will see me through the new paths and adventures that life has to offer. Restructuring my life. My way. My experiences, ventings, musings on that whole big and not so big deal.

September 30, 2010

13 things on Thursday: Catching up!

1. Had a terrific time in Halifax accepting my outstanding award as the outstanding alumnae. Pictures on FB. Podcast to be uploaded to the university's web site. Eventually. Rebel came with me.
2. Sister in law in Halifax and I had a great time. Had some great chats while staying with her in Halifax. For now she likes me better than her brother. Bwa ha ha.
3. Started a new job where I have no staff, no budget responsibilities. I LOVE it! I can just do my job.
4. Contrary to that, the young one who replaced me is already burning out. You have a lot to do don't you? And they only pay you at THAT level?
5. My blog at work is number 3. My tweets are number 1. Sorry - intranet only.
6. XSU caught Rebel Junior planning yet another do at my place while I was away last weekend. A day late. She cleaned up everything this time, however, she left crucial details undone. GOTCHA!
7 .I have a scrapbooking weekend this week end. Gone for three days. With my little dog too!
8.Had a perogy making party two week ends ago. The young librarians wanted to come over to make perogies - then eat. We had about 9 dozen potato cheese, 2 dozen meat filled ( Russian) and two dozen cherry filled. All I had left were about 4 meat filled and about 8 cherry filled. And some dessert.
9. Rebel has had three accidents in the Taurus station wagon, XSU's former vehicle. He now has an old man car - a silver Fusion. The hybrid Fusion was going to be my car if the Mustang didn't work out. I am not going to buy a Fusion now, unless it comes in some sort of sporty model.
10. I can't decide if I want to teach next term or not. Not worth the money, I hate marking, but love being on the teaching stage. Maybe I should look to community theatre instead?
11. I am trying to be a morning person. It's still not working.
12 I am trying to go bed earlier. That's not working either
13. The divorced older man shuttle driver at work is hitting on me. Why do I attract these types?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you had a great time in NS.

Excuse me, I own a Fusion...nuff said, LOL...

Perogie party...my invite must be in the mail, I'm going to check again...

Welcome back and you know what, a hit is a hit, which I haven't experienced in quite some time....just saying LMAO

Lily

MarieA said...

another hit today Lily. The 70 year old 50 pounds overweight security guard. he told me I had the best smile that made the sun shine. These French men....
Now he DOES spend 6=7 months in Florida every year, and he DID tell me he is going to lose the 50 poounds in FLorida this year....


Fusion - it was your car that got me intersted... LOl

perogies... you're on my list.
So is Rudy. may as well get that one out of the way before he says anything!