Moving on .

I've been blogging for a few years now. Sometimes sporadically sometimes daily, but almost regularly. I have finally separated from XSU and starting to live a new life on my own. The original blog helped me get through the painful process of the end of the marriage, along with some bumpy roads dealing with a critically ill child in the midst of the end of marriage mess. Now this blog will see me through the new paths and adventures that life has to offer. Restructuring my life. My way. My experiences, ventings, musings on that whole big and not so big deal.

August 07, 2011

On Exes and Passed on Partners...

I have been enjoying a lovely three day weekend. Ever since I started working a compressed work week - that is 9 loooooong days of 8 hours and 50 minutes equals every second Friday off - I have had a lot less feelings of stress and a whole lot more relaxation. I don't know why I didn't do this years ago.

The Beau and I are getting set for our vacation together. Not all fun though. I have one week at a union convention. My first. I'll see how I fit in with the activist crowd. It will be a civics lesson as well as a learning opportunity.

Week two entails the holiday part staying with my uncle and aunt and also visiting friends. The uncle is my mom's youngest brother. He's ten years ago, maybe 11 or 12 years younger than my mom. He's been married twice. My current aunt, his second wife is the same age as XSU. I have four cousins. Two by aunt #1 and two by aunt #2. My youngest cousin is in between my two girls in age. My oldest cousin is ten years younger than me. And I believe that my uncle is probably only a few years older than The Beau. Did I ever mention that The Beau is ten years older than me? The point here - with this cross of generations, it should be a good visit. The uncle can be a bit of a red neck but Beau can take care of himself and will be just fine.

The Beau had a barbecue of current and former neighbours this evening. One of the formers felt that Beau shouldn`t be seeing anyone. She seemed to be missing the passed on wife and felt some sort of loyalty towards her. Okay. I`m not trying to replace anyone or be something I am not. Apparently she had a lot to say on the subject until both Beau and one of the other neighbours who happens to know me, told her off a few months ago last time she was in town. All went well this evening. I met her this evening and she behaved, as did I. (seriously why wouldn`t I)

I occaisionally get weird vibes when Beau talks about his wife, but I don`t get too worried about it. She`s gone and can`t come back. I am me and he is good with that. And there is no competition or worry except about learning who we each other and how we are together.

Frankly with XSU around he`s probably got more to worry about than I do. Though I would NEVER entertain that notion. And if I ever do, any one has permission to smack me up the side of the head. Beau is pretty patient with my odd rant on whatever latest idiocy XSU has going on.

So this is the getting organized week. Big job - ensuring RJ doesn`t wreck my house while I am gone. I decided to ship the dog out to ensure he got attention as I just don`t trust that girl to look after him as well as I do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WTF? How did I miss this one? Oh. Thursday. I was prepping for Rudy's visit.

It sounds like your relationship with The Beau is coming along very nicely. Good to see that you are introducing and being introduced to family and friends.

And age is just a number. If it doesn't bother you it shouldn't matter to anyone else.

Be happy my dear Marie. I believe you are.

love and hugs,
~ b

Lily on the Road said...

Again, I must agree with the Blonde...

Age means nothing and so glad that "the hood" is now in the relationship loop.