Moving on .

I've been blogging for a few years now. Sometimes sporadically sometimes daily, but almost regularly. I have finally separated from XSU and starting to live a new life on my own. The original blog helped me get through the painful process of the end of the marriage, along with some bumpy roads dealing with a critically ill child in the midst of the end of marriage mess. Now this blog will see me through the new paths and adventures that life has to offer. Restructuring my life. My way. My experiences, ventings, musings on that whole big and not so big deal.

March 07, 2010

Sunday Snippets

I didn't get lost once going to the Scrap and Spa location. This is a first. No wrong turns, no near misses.
ta -da!
I managed to scrap about 25 pages, and finished a little book for Frenchy. It's going to be mailed to her this week along with RJ's knee brace.

There were a couple of us who had separated from spouses. My X won the prize for " best non reason to leave a spouse due to fantasies beyond expectation!"

We had jello shots. First time for 8 of the 9 of us. Next year it's pudding shots.
All was quiet when I returned. I like a quiet house. Though I do hear Rebel's dog in her room, but I am not going to make a move to take him or anything.

March has to be spent taking the lead from my fellow blogger Aleks and continuing my own de-cluttering project and getting the rest of the crap out of the house. Luckily the main floor is decent. It's my room, the spare room and the junky part of the basement that needs the clean sweep. March is spring cleaning time so it makes sense to get a move. Given I didn't give anything up for Lent this year, I think getting the house in order is a good priority. It's not a sacrifice as per Lenten sacrifices, but I hate doing this sort of thing and I would much rather do ANYTHING than clean, tidy, shuffle stuff, so for me, it's painful. Tonight, as I watch the Oscars, one box load of crap will get shredded or removed. One corner at a time.

I am going to walk my dog. It's such a beautiful day we both need to be out in the sun shine and warm ( +10C) temps!

3 comments:

Rudy said...

Hey M, here is a Lenten spin on your activities for you. Most of us tend to hold on to possessions far too long or in inappropriate ways. By cleaning out your house and the hardship of letting go of "things" you are performing a sacrifice. Also, by donating items for others to use, you are helping out the less fortunate. If you sell things off, you could give a portion of the proceeds to church or charity.

We had a priest once that said going through "meaningless" sacrifices wasn't as good as doing something above and beyond for the benefit of others. Not that personal sacrifices don't have their place but lets face it he said, most of us need to give up chocolate for more than a few weeks of Lent. :-)

Anonymous said...

I am slowly going through all those boxes in my garage and doing a second purge. The first purge occurred when I packed them before the big move. We have a huge stack of boxes in the shed ready for a garage sale and that which doesn't sell will go off to the charity.

Good luck to you as you continue your purging.

What exactly was in your jello shots, btw? And please do explain how pudding shots work.


Happy Monday,
love and hugs,
~ b

MarieA said...

Rudy... thank you for that big of spiritual guidance. MUCH appreciated.

Blondie, thank you for the encouragement on the purge. I called our local St Vincent de Paul organization - I will NEVER get organized to have a garage sale so this means others will benefit. And I am fine with that, though a garage sale would have been fun I think.

Jello shot - blue jello - 1 cup hot water 1 cup flavoured vodka.. set as per usual inside little shot glasses avaiable from the dollar store for plastic or your own shot glasses at home if you're classy.

a pudding shot is same idea ... Baileys or some cream based liqueur in place of the milk. I think this particular shot should be something we plan for your bachelorette party before your big day. And the married one should have to chauffeur us as we get silly.